Wednesday 21 August 2013

Interpreting Narrative - The Great Gatsby



For my project interpreting narrative I have chosen to study F.Scott Fitzgeralds novel The Great Gatsby.
After reading the book and also seeing both films I thought this would be a good choice as there is a range of fascinating characters which I could use to do my interpretation of.


The Great Gatsby is set in Long Island, New York just after World War 1. The story follows a man named Nick who is a writer and the cousin of Daisy Buchanan, Nick moves in next door to the mysterious millionaire Jay Gatsby who is widely renowned for his crazy parties at his mansion. Jay is in love with Daisy who is married to Tom, when Daisy and Jay begin an affair the dramatic story begins to unfold with disastrous consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment